Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chinese Culture


I was bored in English class and needed to find a new blog topic to write about, and well I remebered that earlier today I was talking to my friend Marielle about anthropology. I was always so fascinated about different Cultural habits in different places around the world. I remember a long time ago my friend was telling me about how Chinese have very different Cultural habits, so I figured why not search it up. I then began to go on google, and found a page about Strange Chinese Cultural Habits.

One of the first strange habit was Foot binding. I couldin't remember exactlty what binding ment, so I googled a picture, and nearly threw up.

In the chinese culture,Foot binding is the Chinese traditional view the ideal image of a woman one with narrow, pointed feet. Foot binding was thought to be a sign of class, and a symbol of chastity. What they would do is force their toes under the sole of the foot and, over time, are forced into smaller and smaller sized shoes. It said that. Still, today there are over 1 million Chinese women living with feet deformed by the practice.

Interesting Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers