Tuesday, October 6, 2009
The army.
So a month ago, I was at home sitting on the couch with my mom, my brother, and my dad. A commercial about the army came on, and everyone went silent. My mom then started to ask my brother a question. I really wish I wasn’t there to hear it. So basically the question was about the army, and how his physical went, and his interview. His response, “it went really good, they said they will call me back in a month or two, and then I can leave and go to Québec to get trained”. I was confused at first, I thought they were just talking about a normal job, when I started to really think I was questioning why does he need a physical for a job? And Québec? WHATT!!?!? That makes no sense what is this job he is applying for? I then started to ask my brother, so what is this job for? Electrician? He paused looked at my mom, and looked back at me, no Jen I’m actually going to be going to the army. My mouth dropped instantly, I couldn’t even think or even speak for a second my mind was complete mush it was like someone took my brain and stepped on it. A few seconds later, I looked at him and I couldn’t hold it back, I wouldn’t hold it back. I cried instantly. It is now a month after this hole notice about my brother possibly getting accepted into the army, and if you’re wondering, still no call. As selfish and rude I may sound I am so happy he has not got a call yet. There is still one more month and I can’t take waiting and waiting to see if my brother will be leaving our family to go to Quebec this year. Personally I think war or any kind of violence is a waste of time. But come to think of it? Imagine what the world would be like now, without war and violence. Crazy thought eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment