
I don't know about you, but I have a little bit of hard times figuring out what most songs mean, just by litsening to lyrics. It gets me angry because i always litsen to a very intense lyrics in a song, and try to come up with something intellegent to say about it, but most of the time I never do. I figured I would search up a song I could never figure out, and this song is "Old Man" by Neil young. Great song, but seriously? There could be so many things he could be saying in this song.
While I was searching threw the web, I came across something Neil young has told someone in an interview. He mention his song "Old Man" was for the caretaker of the Northern-California Broken Arrow Ranch, Which Young bought for $350,000 in 1970. He also mentioned that the song compares a youn man's life to an old man's, and shows that the young man has, to some extent, the same needs of the old one. Pretty interesting.
Embarassing thing is that, I thought it was him either getting put down by his father a long time ago, and he was trying to tell his father his life? I was by far wrong.
While I was searching threw the web, I came across something Neil young has told someone in an interview. He mention his song "Old Man" was for the caretaker of the Northern-California Broken Arrow Ranch, Which Young bought for $350,000 in 1970. He also mentioned that the song compares a youn man's life to an old man's, and shows that the young man has, to some extent, the same needs of the old one. Pretty interesting.
Embarassing thing is that, I thought it was him either getting put down by his father a long time ago, and he was trying to tell his father his life? I was by far wrong.
Well songs aren't very easy to read sometimes. Atleast you try and understand what you are listening to which is great.:) Anyway great blog.
ReplyDelete